D+H Launches New Lending Oversight Solution
TORONTO and NEW YORK, Dec. 12, 2016 /CNW/ - DH Corporation (TSX: DH) ("D+H"), a leading provider of technology solutions to financial institutions globally, today announced the launch of Barometer, a new compliance assessment technology that provides insight into how well employees understand and apply regulations and financial institution policies. Built in close collaboration with one of Canada's largest financial institutions, Barometer uses a library of real-world scenarios to pinpoint decision-making inconsistencies and help focus training and resources on the areas that need calibration most.
The launch of Barometer comes at a time when global banking regulation is seeing one of the fastest paces of change in history. The increasing pressure financial institutions are facing to confirm their employees understand and can apply internal polices and controls makes Barometer the ideal complement to a prudent risk culture.
"Given the current economic and regulatory environment, financial institutions around the world are looking for ways to reduce credit risk, improve loan quality and increase efficiency and profitability," said Duncan Hannay, President, Global Lending Solutions, D+H. "Barometer is a first-in-class solution that sets a new standard in lending oversight."
Barometer, which is commercially available in Canada and the U.S., gives financial institutions an efficient and repeatable process for measuring and calibrating the consistency of employee decision making. In doing so, Barometer helps demonstrate regulatory compliance and adherence to internal financial institution policy.
Barometer is a SaaS (Software as a Service) single instance, multi-tenant product built on the Microsoft Azure platform.
"Barometer is a great example of how Microsoft partners are working hand-in-glove with customers to create customized service platforms that offer organizations the full power of the cloud," said Janet Kennedy, President, Microsoft Canada. "We look forward to seeing how this new solution, that leverages Microsoft's Azure cloud service, will benefit the customers of D+H."
Barometer is a SaaS product built from the ground up using Agile product development methodology, allowing D+H to deliver high-quality software products in a cost-effective and timely manner to meet the changing needs of our clients.
"D+H leverages Agile best practices to enable continuous innovation and rapid development and deployment of our SaaS products," said Hugh Cumming, Chief Technology Officer, D+H. "Our highest priority is to build leading edge FinTech solutions that delight our clients."
- Barometer is a configurable solution that helps financial institutions highlight knowledge gaps and pinpoint inconsistencies in decision-making individually and in aggregate, so they can focus training and resources on the areas that need it most.
- Users can log in securely from any browser to access a library of relevant real-world scenarios, regularly updated by D+H lending experts.
- Barometer is commercially available with two proprietary content modules; adjudication and front line/mobile sales have a growing library of content modules built on existing and emerging regulations and can be configured to a financial institution's unique policies.
- Managers decide what to test and gain a detailed view into both individual and team performance across the most relevant and critical regulations facing the industry.
- Managers can access detailed reporting and analytics on employee performance.
- Barometer provides compliance and risk officers with a historical repository of evidence, trending results from activities designed to reduce risk exposure and calibrate employee decision making.
- To learn more about Barometer, visit www.DH.com/Barometer
D+H (TSX: DH) is a leading financial technology provider that the world's financial institutions rely on every day to help them grow and succeed. Our global payments, lending and financial solutions are trusted by nearly 8,000 banks, specialty lenders, community banks, credit unions, governments and corporations. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, D+H has more than 5,500 employees worldwide who are passionate about partnering with clients to create forward-thinking solutions that fit their needs. With annual revenues in excess of $1.5 billion, D+H is recognized as one of the world's top FinTech companies on IDC Financial Insights FinTech Rankings and American Banker's FinTech Forward rankings. For more information, visit dh.com.
SOURCE DH Corporation