About the Event
Now in its fourth year, the Finastra Universe conference is a global executive event series focusing on Fintech, the future of financial services globally and the increasing need for financial institutions to transform their businesses to become more agile, innovative, resilient and customer-focused. Finastra Universe has been specifically built to help banks address the challenges posed by an increasingly dynamic market, offering expert insight into the latest developments in technology and process efficiency. This event draws together global and regional experts to explore the growing impact of technology on the banking sector and the challenges facing banks as they transform into strategically focused, technologically adept and operationally agile organizations.
This year’s theme is Collaborate to Innovate, focusing on the new shape of disruption: how academia, Fintech, software and banks are collaborating as one, to design the future of banking. More than 300 senior professionals from across North and South American financial institutions are expected to join us to learn more about the future of open banking, artificial intelligence, real-time payments, blockchain, banking as a platform, and more.
Why Attend the Finastra Universe?
- Develop your competitive strategy by exploring the long- and short-term trends shaping the future of technology for the financial industry
- Gain insight into the latest technologies in global banking and learn how they will impact you, your competition and your customers
- Explore how to build new internal efficiencies and improve customer experience with sessions dedicated to AI, data, and automation
- Network with your peers, building new connections with the region’s technological pioneers and leaders
- We have some surprises up our sleeves for this year’s event, to make it bigger and better than ever before.
A snapshot of 2017
Tuesday March 19 Agenda
|8:00 AM||BREAKFAST, REGISTRATION AND NETWORKING|
|9:00 AM||Welcome to Finastra Universe|
Eric Duffaut, President and Global Head of Field Operations, Finastra
Chris Zingo, Senior Vice President, Enterprise Sales, Americas, Finastra
|9:30 AM||Powering the Financial Universe|
Simon Paris, Chief Executive Officer, Finastra
|9:50 AM||Partner Keynote: Practical AI and Today’s Application in Business|
Steve Guggenheimer, Corporate Vice President, AI & ISV Engagement, Microsoft
|10:20 AM||Keynote Panel: Collaborate to Innovate|
- How is Open Banking shaping the industry?
- Can a platform approach foster greater collaboration?
- Examination of real world use cases based on collaborative innovation
|10:50 AM||NETWORKING & REFRESHMENT BREAK|
|Corporate Banking||Payments||Treasury & Capital Markets|
|11:30 AM||The Connected Corporate Bank |
- From products, to solutions to services
- The API revolution: remaining relevant through digital transformation
- Which APIs, services and processes should drive strategy?
- Partnership considerations for the platform of the future
|Leading Edge Technologies Accelerating Digital Transformation in Payments|
- Cognitive banking to leverage big data
- Innovation with open APIs
- The move to real time
- Sagive Greenspan, SVP, General Manager Payments, Finastra|
- Robert Mancini, Head of Payments, Americas, Finastra
|The Future Begins with Capital Markets|
- Achieve more with an integrated ecosystem
- Grow with standard processes
- Simplify and accelerate existing processes
- Innovate with open APIs
- Michael Henssler, GM Treasury & Capital Markets, Finastra
- Pedro Porfirio, Global Head of Capital Markets, Finastra
|12:15 PM||Trade and Lending Convergence: How Banks Can Adapt and Align their Businesses|
- How banks need to change their business models to align these businesses more effectively
- How syndication/securitization can be used across trade and lending
|Reimagining Payments: A Business and Strategic Approach|
- User experience: the gold standard
- Digital natives driving change
- Delivering omni-channel payments
- Dagan Osovlansky, Head of Payments, Product Management, Finastra
|Maximizing Revenue From your FX Value Chain |
- eFX and empowering your customers
- Greater customer satisfaction and retention
- Improving integration and profitability in the value chain
- Guillaume Spay, Global Principal, Capital Markets, Finastra
|Corporate Banking||Payments||Treasury & Capital Markets|
|2:00 PM||Achievable Innovation: Finding Your Inner Fintech |
- Practical use cases for how banks are implementing 'achievable innovation' in commercial lending
- Closer look at end-to-end transformation of the lending lifecycle and customer journey
- AI and machine learning in commercial lending – is this achievable?
|The Collaboration Model: Why Banks Need to Forge New Partnerships and How|
- Fintechs: ushering an exciting future of payments innovation
- Navigating the growing ecosystem
- Key benefits of an FI-sponsored fintech
|Digital Automation in Capital Markets |
- How applications are being opened-up with Microservices and APIs
- Innovations leveraging legacy IT systems: process automation for front-to-back workflows
- How AI/Machine Learning (ML) is entering operations and trading/market-making
- Watching out for disruptors: smart contracts and blockchain
|2:30 PM||Harnessing the Power of Distributed Ledger Technology in Syndicated Lending |
- The evolution of Fusion LenderComm
- Collaborative innovation from world's leading banks
- Learn why banks are using distributed ledger technology to improve operational efficiency
- Hear from a leading bank on their views about Fusion LenderComm
|Payments Case Study: the Transformation Journey |
- The challenges and opportunities
- Practical insights to change management
- Defining the target operating model
- Best practices to support new payment solutions
- Sarah Billings, SVP Head of Payments Product, Operations & Strategy, PNC
- Malinda Robey, Global Services, Payments, Finastra
|Leveraging Regulation, Microservices, Utilities and the Cloud...What’s Next?|
- How banks can innovate with minimal disruption to current operations
- The regulatory environment driving changes in technology innovation
- What’s next in capital markets? A look into the future
- Jay Wolstenholme, Senior Principal, Business Strategy, Treasury & Capital Markets, Finastra
|3:00 PM||NETWORKING & REFRESHMENT BREAK|
|3:40 PM||Fintech Innovation Showcase|
Watch Fintechs take to the stage to demonstrate their latest innovations
|4:50 PM||Executive Keynote: Michael Milken, Chairman, Milken Institute|
|5:20 PM||CLOSING PLENARY|
|5:30 PM||COCKTAIL RECEPTION|
Michael Milken has been at the forefront of successful initiatives in medical research, education, public health and access to capital for more than four decades. Fortune magazine called him “The Man Who Changed Medicine” and Forbes listed him among “Visionaries Reimagining Our Children's Future.” In 1982 he formalized his previous philanthropy by co-founding the Milken Family Foundation. The Milken Institute hosts more than 250 events each year, including major conferences in Singapore, Tokyo, London, the Middle East, New York, Los Angeles and Washington, D.C. Milken also chairs FasterCures, which speeds progress against all life-threatening diseases. As a financier, he revolutionized modern capital markets by pricing and rewarding risk more efficiently. The thousands of companies he financed created millions of jobs. A graduate of the University of California, Berkeley, Milken earned his M.B.A. at the Wharton School. He and his wife Lori have been married since 1968 and are members of the Giving Pledge; they have three children and 10 grandchildren. More information is at http://www.mikemilken.com.
Steve Guggenheimer is a Microsoft Corporate Vice President focused on working with customers and partners on their adoption of Artificial Intelligence while also helping ISVs partner with Microsoft on developing a new generation of Line of Business SaaS offerings based on Microsoft’s Dynamics, Office and Azure cloud platforms. Over his 20+ years at Microsoft, Steve has held leadership roles in key business areas including close to a decade helping to build Microsoft’s hardware and software ecosystem as the head of Developer Evangelism (DPE/DX) and OEM divisions. He has also worked on a variety of product teams including; Windows, IE, MSN, SQL Server, Visual Studio and more, and across several customer and audience segments including the Small Business, Consumer, Developer, and Enterprise Segments. In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his family, watching rugby, playing golf and cheering on his hometown Seattle Seahawks.
Before coming to Microsoft, Steve was at Spectra-Physics Lasers, where he worked directly with customers on custom solutions and helped develop and market new products. Steve Guggenheimer received a bachelor’s degree in applied physics from the University of California, Davis, and a master’s degree in engineering management from Stanford University. He also serves on the board of Muzik and with his wife leads the Guggenheimer Family Foundation.
Become a sponsor
Finastra welcomes its strategic partners to benefit from this high-profile platform by promoting your solutions and expertise.
Here’s your opportunity to showcase your solutions to decision makers from the region’s banking fraternity. Join our global sales force to present a paper, exhibit your products and services, meet new prospects and even close potential deals.
Finastra Universe promises to deliver real business value through sponsorship with measurable ROI. Here’s how we can help you as our strategic partner:
- Align your brand with ours by being face-to-face with new possibilities and greater opportunities
- Network and develop new business with hard-to-reach decision makers and business leaders from the banking fraternity
- Promote your participation across high-level and multiple media channels across the world
If you are interested in sponsoring and partnering with us at the Finastra Universe and would like more information on the opportunities and packages available, contact: Kelly.Gutierrez@finastra.com
Finastra Universe Partner Day
We are delighted to announce the return of our Finastra Universe New York partner event.
Join us on Monday, March 18th 2019 for our dedicated partner event, which promises to be an interactive and inspiring session. You will have the opportunity to engage with our senior leadership team, hear the latest around the strategic direction of our global ecosystem and discuss our regional focus, key GTM activities and innovation and technology updates.
At-a-Glance: Monday, March 18th
|12:00 P.M.||Partner Welcome Lunch|
|13:30 P.M.||Partner Day Event|