About the Event
Now in its fourth year, the Finastra Universe conference is a global executive event series focusing on fintech and the future of financial services, welcoming more than 300 senior executives from across Southern Europe.
Four years ago, our opening keynote debate was ‘You don’t have to be a start-up to be a disruptor’, looking at innovation from Fintechs and banks in competitive isolation. This year’s theme is Collaborate to Innovate, focusing on the new shape of disruption: how academia, Fintech, software and banks are collaborating as one, to design the future of banking.
Why Attend the Finastra Universe?
The conference will help you to:
- Develop your competitive strategy by exploring the long- and short-term trends shaping the future of technology in banking
- Gain insight into the latest technologies in the global banking market and understand how they will impact you, your competition and your customers
- Explore how to build new internal efficiencies and improve customer experience with sessions dedicated to AI, robotics and automation
- Network with your peers, building new connections with the region’s technological pioneers and leaders
- Fine-tune your digital transformation strategy, building a new business model that puts the customer at the heart of the bank
A snapshot of 2018
Build your experience.
Dedicated agenda streams
- Treasury & Capital Markets
- Corporate Banking
- Trade Services
- Insurance Asset Management
Meet subject matter experts
- One-to-one expert meetings
- Roundtable discussions
- Over 5 hours of networking
- Evening networking cocktail
|8:00||Registration & Coffee|
|9:00||Welcome to Finastra Universe|
Speaker: Younes Guemouri, Managing Director, Europe, Finastra
|9:25||Keynote address: Powering the Financial Universe|
Speaker: Eli Rosner, Chief Product & Technology Officer, Finastra
|9:50||Keynote panel: Collaborate to Innovate |
- PSD2 and Open Banking one year on
- Can a platform approach foster greater collaboration?
- Examination of real use-cases based on collaborative innovations
Moderator: Martin Haering, Chief Marketing Officer, Finastra
- Chirine BenZaied - Bourgerie, New Venture Manager, Finastra
- Howard Bush, Principal - Industry Experiences, Microsoft
- Ludovic Tran, Managing Director, Financial Services, Accenture
- Emmanuel Payraud, VP Digital Banking, Gemalto
|10:35||Coffee break with live demos at demo pods|
|11:05||Industry Keynote Speaker|
“Digital Revolution: From silo to platform - Fintech, banking and digital disruption”
Speaker: Gilles Babinet, Digital Champion for France at the EU & multi-entrepreneur
|11:35||Industry Keynote Panel: Leading edge technologies accelerating digital transformation – hype vs reality|
- Cognitive banking to leverage big data
- Open banking and open APIs
- Cloud and platformification
- Blockchain and distributed ledger technology
Moderator: Mitesh Soni, Senior Director, Innovation and Fintech, Finastra
- Julien Miquel, Chief Digital Officer, HSBC
- Philippe Boulas, Global Head of Corporate Banking Operations, BNP Paribas
- Tony McLaughlin, Emerging Payments & Business Development, Citi
|12:15||Networking Lunch with live demos at demo pods|
|CORPORATE BANKING||TREASURY & CAPITAL MARKETS|
|13:45||Vision: The connected corporate bank – From products, to solutions to services|
- The API revolution: remaining relevant through digital transformation
- Which APIs, services and processes should drive strategy?
- Partnership considerations for the platform of the future
- Jonathan McPhail, Global Solution Lead, Corporate Banking, Finastra
- Michael Walker, Global Head of Sales Enablement, Corporate Banking, Finastra
|Vision: The future begins with capital markets|
- Achieve more with an integrated ecosystem
- Innovate with Open APIs
- Grow with standard processes
- Simplify and accelerate existing processes
- Michael Henssler, General Manager, Treasury & Capital Markets, Finastra
|TRADE SERVICES||PAYMENTS||TREASURY & CAPITAL MARKETS|
|14:30||Open Collaboration in the New Trade Ecosystem: Driving customer value via open APIs (60 min)|
- How being open is the basis for collaboration in the trade ecosystem
- The role of open APIs to enable banks to deliver innovations and new products faster to their clients
Moderator: Rachel Cresswell, Sales Enablement, Corporate Banking, Finastra
- Cécile André, Managing Director – Europe Banking lead, Accenture
- Juan Jiménez Zaballos, Global Head of Corporate Banking Innovation, Santander Group
Sponsored by: Accenture
|New Paradigm for Transaction Banking: Open and Real - Time (60 min)|
- How will Open Banking transform Transaction Banking?
- What function will real time payments fulfil in the customer value proposition to corporates?
- Use cases
Moderator: Anders Olofsson, Business Head of Payments, Finastra
- Rodolphe Meyer, Director Marketing & Development, STET
- Petra Plompen, Senior Manager, EBA Clearing
- Claude Blandin, Global Head of Sales, Transaction Banking, Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank
|Panel discussion: How have different technologies fared in driving greater automation in Capital Markets |
- AI/Machine Learning for operational efficiency as well as trading/market - making
- Robotic Process Automation
- Microservices and APIs
- Smartcontracts & Blockchain
- How successful have these been in driving more efficiency and automation? What does the future hold?
Moderator: Iain Scott, Global Lead Capital Markets, Finastra
- Tim Coates, Innovation Lead, Synechron
- Octavio Marenzi, CEO, Opimas
- Harps Sidhu, Head of Capital Market Practice, KPMG
|15:00||(cont.) Open Collaboration in the New Trade Ecosystem: Driving customer value via open APIs||(cont.) New Paradigm for Transaction Banking: Open and Real - Time||Panel discussion: Effective management of insurers’ investment strategies |
- Buy - side growth: revenues, margins and AUM
- “Risk - based approach” to capital and regulation
- The need for comprehensive solutions, from execution to accounting, with flexibility and future-proof capabilities
Moderator: Nicolas de Breteuil, Senior Sales Executive, Finastra
- Benoit Mace, Partner & Managing Director, BCG
- Christophe Lepitre, Chief Operating Officer, OFI Asset Management
- Emeric Challier, Chief Executive Officer, Quercus Altmetrics
|15:30||Coffee Break With Live Demos at Demo Pods|
|16:00||Fintech Innovation Showcase|
The 5 hottest Fintechs take the stage to demonstrate their latest innovations. Our judging panel from Accenture, Finance Innovation and Finastra will conduct a live Q&A, to establish each Fintech’s capacity to disrupt, use of new technology, scalability and business case.
DreamQuark, Iznes for Setl, NetGuardians, Smartly and Yields.io
The winner receives:
- One year membership with “Pôle Finance Innovation”
- Assistance with the “Fin&Tech Croissance” Programme
Sponsored by: Finance Innovation
|17:20||Private cocktail reception in Main Hall, with champagne and canapés|
Gilles Babinet is a French multi-entrepreneur, born in 1967 in Paris. Since 1989, he created 9 companies in various areas, such as mobile music (Musiwave, sold $139M in 2006), co-creation (Eyeka), Big Data marketing (CaptainDash). He is also vice-president of the National Digital Council as well as Digital Champion, representing France at the European Commission for digital matters. Since 2017, he is the president of PULSAR, a Paris based digital art prize which awards art works born from the encounter between artists and digital creators. Finastra supports the prize since its second edition in 2018.
Gilles is a well know digital visionary in France. He has been collaborating with the Think Tank Institut Montaigne on several research works on digital competitiveness, digital inclusion, big data and IoT. In 2011, he was appointed chair of the National Digital Council by the President Nicolas Sarkozy. Since 2012, Gilles is the French Digital Champion, representing France at the European Commission for the digital topics. He’s also a member of EY's Board and the EDF Foundation.
Gilles Babinet published his first book in January 2014, "L'Ère numérique, un nouvel âge de l'humanité", where he discusses the impact of new technologies in our societies, our lives and our institutions. Throughout his book, he identifies five areas such as Education, Healthcare, the State, Knowledge and Production, that are deeply challenged in the context of the ongoing digital revolution. His book, “Big Data: penser l’homme et le monde autrement”, came out in February 2015 and covers economic and social issues linked to the eruption of the data. Gilles recently published another book “Digital transformation: the advent of platforms” on the digital transformation as it should be implemented in large companies.
Become a sponsor
Finastra welcomes its strategic partners to benefit from this high-profile platform by unveiling your solutions and joining the conversation. Here’s your opportunity to showcase your thought leadership to decision makers from the region’s banking fraternity.
Finastra Universe promises to deliver real business value through sponsorship with measurable ROI. Here’s how we can help you as our strategic partner:
- Align your brand with ours by being face-to-face with new possibilities and greater opportunities
- Networking and developing new business with hard-to-reach decision makers and business leaders from the banking fraternity
- Promoting your participation across high-level and multiple media channels across the world
If you are interested in sponsoring and partnering with us at the Finastra Universe and would like more information on the opportunities and packages available, contact: Elke.Behrend@finastra.com
Finastra Universe Partner Day
We are delighted to announce the return of our Finastra Universe Paris partner event.
Join us on Wednesday 20th February 2019 for our dedicated partner event, which promises to be an interactive and inspiring session. You will have the opportunity to engage with our senior leadership team, hear the latest around the strategic direction of our global ecosystem and discuss our regional focus, key GTM activities and innovation and technology updates.
At-a-Glance: Wednesday 20th February
|12:00 P.M.||Partner Welcome Lunch|
|13:30 P.M.||Partner Day Event|