The end of LIBOR is set to transform the treasury and capital markets landscape. The transition from LIBOR to risk free rates (RFR) have massive impact and implications to banks globally and Korea is no exception.
Regulators have acknowledged the challenges brought about by the COVID-19 Pandemic however they have remained steadfast in the transition deadline of end 2021. Banks therefore have to put in measures to replace the current benchmark interest rates and establish new measures to replace the current benchmark interest rate of certificates of deposit.
Watch subject matter experts from Finastra in this webinar as they discuss ways banks can prepare for the transition deadline:
- Where are we right now – Global and APAC state of readiness for IBOR transition
- Aspects to consider for smooth transition and the implications of the adoption of RFR for banks in Korea
- Insights into RFR instruments and banking system readiness for the transition
- What you need to do to prepare for the transition
- Understand the fallback for cash and derivatives markets
- Best practice in portfolio simulation & migration